Thursday, July 9, 2009

i feel like i'm drowning in the ocean



I've been struggling with change for the past month or so. Usually change is never something that I struggle with--unless it's not happening enough. I started to feel monotonous for awhile. I went away to Cuba and when I came back, I realized that my life has fit in a mould for the past year or so. I hate that. I looked at the wall in my room and realized that I have been more or less staring at the same wall for the past 6 years.

So I tore that wall apart. Stripped it, washed it, and I'm re-doing it now. I picked up a cool sign in Halifax that I hung close to the ceiling. I bought paint and stencils and I painted one of my favourite quotes from Once a Runner on my wall. I bought two cool picture frames to surround the quote, and I'm going to stick seashells on the wall from every beach that I've been to, just as the final touches.

It feels better. Feels like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment