Saturday, August 6, 2011

Photo #33:

This is my roommate, Rebecca. Rebecca is a beautiful soul. She's a phenomenal artist over every single medium--she paints, she writes, she makes jewelry, she sculpts, draws, makes collages, designs her own clothes and she's a photographer. We're kindred spirits in a way--we have the same humour and we're both random in the most unthinkable ways. I came in stumbling on Thursday night, already well drunk, and started throwing my clothes off in an attempt to get ready. When she asked me where I was going, I told her to a club, and asked her if she wanted to come. In about 3 minutes flat, she was ready to go. She threw on short jeans shorts, a striped tank top--and black knee socks with combat boots. It would have looked ridiculous on anyone else, but on Rebecca, it just worked. She's this clumsy, 6'0 blazing redhead who weighs about 100lbs soaking wet, but to me she just epitomizes what it means to be beautiful--in every sense of the word. Today we made a picnic and headed up Citadel Hill to enjoy the best views of the city. I snapped this photo of her as we were laying down catching some rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment