Sunday, June 5, 2011

boy you got my heartbeat running away

Photo #5:

Crystal Crescent is a beach in Sambro, some twenty minutes outside of the city but still technically in Halifax. It's beautiful white sand and clear water are reminiscent of what you might find in Cuba or Mexico, but here you're also surrounded by wild blackberry and raspberry bushes. You have to walk about half a mile on one of those wooden boardwalks that I love so much, through the bushes and past some gravel dirt road. You start to see some rock formations and then there's nothing but blue ocean and white sand in front of you. Every time I see sand, I can't bear to walk through it with shoes on. Whatever footwear I'm wearing comes flying off and I traipse through the sand barefoot. Sandals in the sand is one of my favourite picture themes--like a tank full of gas in a car, it just speaks to me of endless chances, love, and unwritten stories that the summer will bring. So hop on, let's go for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment