Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'll give it all til you can feel it

Photo #19:

I've said it many times, but one of the things that I love so much about Halifax is how you can be in the middle of downtown and by just surrounded by the ocean. Before I moved here last summer, I had no idea how much of a big port Halifax was. I mean, Montreal is a port city--but it's mainly industrial. Here in Halifax, these monstrous cruise ships just pull up and dock, and the locals run for cover. On a random day last year, I was walking around downtown and all I heard was German. I was totally culture shocked and couldn't figure out what the hell had happened to my beloved city--and then I saw the cruise ship. It's a bit of a sore sight to see, considering it blocks some amazing views of islands with lighthouses on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment