Saturday, June 25, 2011

who says we don't need love

Photo #20:

One of the very first things that put Nova Scotia on the map for me was a photo that was taken along this part of the boardwalk. The photographer had stood on a ramp of what I now know is the Marriott Harbourfront hotel, and had snapped a photo of these lamp posts with Salty's, the famous seafood restaurant, hazy in the background. I saw the photo and thought "this...this is a place I need to see." There's something lovely about these lamp posts that border the harbourfront, on dark nights they create a haze and it's almost as if you're walking amongst clouds. They're also oddly comforting, making you feel not so alone on a solitary walk of self-reflection. Often times through the winter, I'd sit in bed, close my eyes, and imagine I was standing right here, breathing in the salt water, hearing the faint sound of celtic music. This photo captures the image of my mind for the past nine months: home.

No comments:

Post a Comment